Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Trustee vacancy – Florence Nightingale Museum
The Florence Nightingale Museum celebrates the life and work of the best known figure in nursing history.
Nightingale was the founder of modern nursing, was one of our greatest Victorians and a female icon in her own lifetime. She is still an inspiration to nurses around the globe. Nightingale’s legacy has never been more relevant: she founded modern nursing and instigated Wash Your Hands and cleanliness regimes. 2020 was designated the ‘Year of the Nurse & Midwife’ in honour of her bicentenary year.
The Florence Nightingale Museum Trust is seeking to appoint new Trustees in 2021 to steer the Museum through these current turbulent times and into a future that will reimagine an icon and create the most impactful, relevant and diverse ways of shining a light on the legacy of The Lady with the Lamp.
David Green, Director of the museum has said: “The museum has declared its intention to become ‘The Florence Nightingale Museum of International Nursing’ in the future and we very much hope that this can remain a realistic ambition. ”
At such a transformative time in the Museum’s history, the Trust would welcome expressions of interest from individuals who can offer:
- Diverse perspectives, bringing broad experiences, points-of-view and sense of purpose to the Museum through interdisciplinary skills, experience and expertise;
- Value-adding contributions, to include institutional connections and contacts; relevant international connections would also be highly desirable;
- Commitment and energy, able to devote time both within and beyond the Boardroom, proactively seeking ways to make an impact on the Museum’s mission, vision and emerging strategic objectives;
- Strategic thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to “think big” while also possessing the pragmatism to turn ideas into a tangible reality through actions and outputs;
- Breadth & depth of knowledge, including, but not limited to, any of the following: fundraising, business, legal planning, as well as driving an institution through change, on both a micro and macro scale.
Whilst an understanding of, empathy with and connections to nursing and the wider healthcare and science sectors, both in the UK and internationally, are advantageous, even more relevant is ingenuity, agility and visibility. Now, more than ever, there are no prescribed “routes” to take, and the Florence Nightingale Museum wishes to proactively seize this opportunity to be a ground-breaking and inspiring global leader, at the forefront of education, awareness and engagement.
To express your interest, send a covering letter along with a short bio or CV, with subject reference “FNM Trustees 2021” to:
Closing date for applications is 6pm on 18 January 2021 .
About Barker Langham Recruitment
Barker Langham Recruitment, specialist consultants to the arts and culture sector in the UK and internationally for over twenty years, are managing the trustee recruitment program on behalf of the Florence Nightingale Museum Trust and supporting their evaluation and selection process. Barker Langham Recruitment and our clients worldwide are committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting diversity in the workplace. We actively welcome applications from underrepresented groups.