Join AIM for Organisations
Black Country Living Museum
In the archives at The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
Young Curators Pop Art Workshop at The Lightbox
What does AIM do?
AIM is a national charitable organisation which helps independent and independently spirited museums, galleries and heritage sites prosper by connecting, supporting and representing them. Our membership ranges from voluntarily run community organisations to some of the largest museums in the country and includes museums, historic houses, heritage organisations, ships and historic railways as well as museum consultants and commercial suppliers.
Any heritage organisation interested in building a prosperous future, is welcome to join AIM – you don’t have to be independent or a museum.
We provide an independent viewpoint based on operational and business experience of running successful enterprises for the public benefit. New members are always welcome to join AIM’s thriving network to learn from their colleagues and share their expertise.
Why join us?
As a member of AIM you can:
- Be part of a thriving network of museums, historic houses and interpretation centres across the UK
- Apply for grants from £300 to £75,000, exclusively available to AIM members
- Exclusive discounts for our popular national conference and trade show, where you can learn about new developments and network with colleagues
- Access Visitor Verdict research and benchmarking to improve visitor experience and income generation at a reduced price
- Take advantage of a range of other discounts for members
- Access AIM-member services such as the Energy Action Group and Accountancy Helpline (provided by Mazars)
- Keep up to date with museum and heritage news through the bi-monthly AIM Bulletin and fortnightly e-news mailings.
- Access practical information on museum operation from our Success Guides
- Contact the AIM team for any advice or support
How to join AIM
AIM welcomes new members. If you would like to join, please email email@example.com or call 01584 879401
Or click our JOIN AIM button at the bottom of this page to download an application form.
Please send the form to:
AIM Membership, 3 Chestnut Grove, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1TJ
The 2017 membership prices for organisations, individuals, freelance and support organisations are below – or please call 01495 774127 if you are unsure which membership option to choose.
|Small Museum (up to 20,000 visitors per year) and additional sites of multi-site organisations|| £49|
| Medium Museum (between 20,000 and 50,000 visitors per year)|| £75|
| Large Museum (between 50,000 and 100,000 visitors per year)|| £110|
| Largest museums (over 100,000 visitors per year)|| £250|
| Individual / MDO / freelance / support organisations (1 or no paid staff)|| £51|
| Non-profit Support Organisations / Libraries / Archives (2+ paid staff)|| £95|