Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Job vacancy – Heritage Officer at Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
Job title: Heritage Officer
Team: CCH Directorate – Arts, Heritage & Culture
Reporting to: Heritage Manager
Term: Full Time; Fixed Term until end March 2021
Closing date: 9am Monday 23 November
• To be a key member of the Arts, Heritage and Culture team, developing and delivering projects, programmes and activities to support our audience development plan.
• To ensure our key heritage sites remain open to the public and are safe and inviting for customers.
• To ensure the Garden City Collection action plan is progressed
MAIN WORKING CONTACTS
Internal: Heritage, Gallery, Cultural Learning and Communications teams.
External: Local, regional and national Arts organisations.
KEY AREAS AND TASKS
1. Arts Project plan
1.1 Create a six to twelve-month heritage project plan that enables us to achieve our ambition and deliver desired outcomes
1.2 Research successful projects, locally, regionally and nationally to identify activities that will support the creation of the arts project plan
1.3 Work with internal and external partners to generate creative, innovative and deliverable ideas for projects and activities that enable us to achieve our audience development targets
1.4 Arrange delivery of projects and activities, working closely with the volunteer and programmes manager, and Heritage Manager to identify resources for delivery
1.5 Manage a small budget for materials and equipment to enable delivery
1.6 Ensure monitoring systems are created and maintained to measure impact for a range of audiences, including Board of Trustees, Funders and Managers/Directors
2. Opening of our heritage and museum sites
2.1 Act as a key holder and support the opening and closing of the building
2.2 Work closely with volunteer manager and Heritage Manager to ensure adequate staffing/volunteers during opening hours
2.3 Review and update local operating procedures as necessary, working closely with the Venues Manager to ensure procedures are consistent across the organisation and site
2.4 Ensure local procedures are adhered to by staff, volunteers and customers
2.5 Ensure that all buildings are Health and Safety compliant and have relevant and up to date risk assessments
3. Exhibition delivery
3.1 Support the Heritage Manager to deliver the exhibition plan
3.2 Provide administrative support to key financial and logistical processes
3.3 Support events and group/school visits to the heritage and museum sites
4. Audience Development Plan
4.1 Contribute to the creation of a culture audience development plan, particularly by adding project detail to reach our target audiences
4.2 Create an events and activities plan, which supports the achievement of the audience development plan
4.3 Lead on delivery of activities and audience development
5. Letchworth Culture Project
5.1 Lead the application process of the Letchworth Culture Project
5.2 Work with community groups and individuals to identify key projects and activities for the culture project
5.3 Facilitate the opening of spaces and setting up of exhibitions/activities within vacant retail premises
5.4 Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to appropriately dress shop windows
6. Collection action plan
6.1 Support the updating and implementation of our Collections Action Plan
6.2 Provide regular action plan updates to Heritage Manager
1.1 Be proactive in reviewing and evaluating own performance and identifying and acting upon areas for improvement and development.
1.2 Follow the Foundation’s policies, procedures and performance expectations.
1.3 Implement the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all functions of the post.
1.4 Undertake any other duties consistent with the role and/or reasonably required by the Foundation.
We are looking for someone to be able to demonstrate the following values and competences to a high level and want to use these to the full in their work.
This is equally important as having the direct experience or technical ability for this role and so we will be looking for evidence and examples of the following during the selection process, if you are shortlisted for this role.
|Inclusive||Inspires and empowers others /
|Evidence based||Managing relationships|
We need you to use the application form to demonstrate your capabilities in relation to each of the criteria listed in Sections 1 and 2 below (addressing each point in order). Where relevant please use your answers to illustrate how your approach to work, attitude and values have helped you achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being shortlisted.
1. EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
These are the things key activities / experience that candidates must show in their application to be shortlisted.
• Experience of working within a heritage/museum organisation
• Experience of working within a museum/archive setting that is known for its offer and supports a wide range of audiences to engage with art
• Experience of delivering projects and activities with a customer focus
• Experience of working with partner organisations in the heritage sector
• Experience of engaging and supporting volunteers
• Experience of creating innovative and deliverable project plans
2. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
These are the things qualifications, skills and abilities that candidates must show in their application to be shortlisted.
• Track record of delivering project activities
• Good communication and team building skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of a range of arts related projects and activities
• Good administration skills
• High attention to detail
• Computer literate and experience of using Microsoft applications
3. ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
3.1 Willingness and ability to work outside of normal office hours on occasion.
3.2 Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
Get in touch with Josh if you have any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07713 565650.