Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Job vacancy – Freelance Project Administrator, AIM
Hallmarks at Home Freelance Project Administrator
October 2020 – March 2021
The Association of Independent Museums is a thriving UK museum membership organisation with over 1000 museum members. We represent a wide range of the UK’s museum and heritage organisations, from some of the largest attractions in the country to small, grassroots heritage organisations across a huge range of subject areas and localities. AIM helps heritage organisations prosper. We believe that museums must grow to fulfil their purpose and demonstrate the relevance of heritage to everyone.
Hallmarks at Home
The Hallmarks at Home programme was developed in response to the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown in the UK. Launched in 2016, Hallmarks is a framework that brings together the key characteristics and behaviours that enable heritage organisations to prosper and thrive. Hallmarks continues to underpin the work of AIM. The programme provides support for members through weekly online workshops. These are developed and lead by an experienced consultant and provide an opportunity for participants to learn more about a particular topic or area of museum practice
Supported by Art Fund, AIM is now planning the next phase of Hallmarks at Home from October 2020 – March 2021.
AIM wishes to recruit a freelance Project Administrator to support Hallmarks at Home.
The role is for one day per week to provide administrative support to the programme. This includes:
- Setting up and hosting weekly Zoom workshops and providing basic technical support
- Managing bookings and contact with participants
- Liaising with workshop facilitators
- Sending out post-session surveys and assisting the AIM Marketing and Communications team with any other evaluation
- seeking out best practice in the sector and feeding into related AIM development
- Opportunity to contribute to planning the programme
- Any other tasks necessary for running of the programme as agreed with the Programmes Manager.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good computer literacy and IT skills, including familiarity with Zoom
- Well organised, flexible and enthusiastic
- Good written communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Dependability, responsibility and integrity
- Dedication to furthering the successful development of AIM and the delivery of its core purpose and values.
There is a total fee of £5,000 for the contract period of 25 weeks at £200 per day including expenses and any VAT. This can be worked as 1 full day per week or flexible working times can be agreed. A payment schedule will be agreed on appointment.
The role can be home based or there is the potential to use the AIM office at the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port. The office is currently open for use on a restricted basis in line with Covid 19 restrictions. This may change in the course of the contract.
The role is freelance and the contractor will need to be able to work from home and provide their own IT and office equipment.
AIM has a standard self-employed contractor agreement.
Contractors will report to the AIM Programmes Manager.
How to apply for this role
Please supply a CV (no more than three pages) and brief covering letter (no more than 2 pages) highlighting why you are interested in this role and how you are equipped to carry it out.
Please provide two referees.
Proposals should be sent to AIM Programmes Manager, Margaret Harrison on Margaret@aim-museums.co.uk.
The closing date is 5pm on Monday 21 September with interviews to be held w/c 28 September.