Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Job vacancy – Finance Manager at Nottingham Castle
Job title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Corporate Services
Direct Line Management: Finance Assistant
Location: Nottingham Castle
Hours: Full time (Ability to work flexibly, including working on Bank Holidays and Weekends when required)
Closing date: 27 November 2020
Purpose of Role
To oversee the day to day financial operations, including month end close and balance sheet reconciliations. Acting as the business partner to the Commercial and Content Directors to ensure budgets are controlled and forecasts are accurate. Liaising with auditors to ensure annual and other required monitoring is carried out. Undertaking filing of regulatory returns (VAT, Gift aid and other submissions.
• Taking the lead on developing the management accounts function, including monthly accounts and preparation and reporting of both financial and non-financial KPIs and commentary
• Oversee the month end process within a 3-day completion.
• Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of annual budget and monthly forecast.
• Assisting in the preparation of draft statutory accounts for external audit including supporting schedules
• Develop short and long term cash flow forecasting
• Coordinating and running the payroll function, pension, VAT, Gift Aid and other regulatory submissions. Coordinating with Director of Finance and Corporate Services and external accountants with respect to accounting for ongoing and one-off projects
• Responsible for ensuring stock control and reconciliations
• Maintenance of the finance systems.
• Proactively review the finance operations, identify, recommend and implement business process improvements of the finance department as agreed with the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
• Overseeing the payment process to ensure that control activities have been adhered to before payments are released.
• Staff have a general duty to work collaboratively with volunteers, work experience, placement participants and other members of staff; working together as a team to achieve Nottingham Castle’s vision.
• Providing accurate and robust monthly financial information to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services
• Ensuring that all external reporting activity is performed and submitted timely and accurately.
• Ensuring that the control framework is adhered to.
• Qualified or final year Part Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• Ability to produce financial reports including management accounts, cashflows and budgets for management and Board reporting
• Understanding of the not-for-profit sector, preferably within a heritage setting
• Ability to operate standard financial software (eg Quickbooks, Sage)
• Experience of managing significant financial budgets and leading and delivering annual budgetary processes (circa 10m)
• Experience gained in financial management, preferably within the heritage, charity or cultural sectors
• Experience in using and maintaining best practice financial systems and processes including accountancy packages and excel
• Experience in financial forecasting and modelling and preparing analytics to drive business decisions
• Experience of preparing financial statements (P&L, Balance sheet and Cashflow)
• Line management and finance business partnering experience desirable
• Numerate with an analytical approach to work
• Results orientated with excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to process large volumes of data, rationalise and prioritise what is important
• Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
• Enthusiasm for the Trust’s aims and its independence, and an interest in all areas of the Trust’s work
• A broad understanding of heritage and conservation issues, public engagement and customer-facing activities
• Ability to represent an organisation clearly and compellingly to different audiences
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and support a working environment which attracts and retains talent
• Ability to work flexibly, including working on Bank Holidays and Weekends when required.
Nottingham Castle Trust are keen to see applications from people of all backgrounds and communities and are committed to representing the diverse nature of the city. The Trust look forward to receiving applications from all suitable candidates and will conduct inclusive recruitment processes based on attitude, experience and qualifications. Nottingham Castle Trust are also committed to ensuring that no-one invited to interview should be excluded due to financial circumstances and will reimburse anyone attending interview (related costs must be supported by receipts) if required.
1st Interviews to be held week commencing 7 December 2020
Start date – February 2021
CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 27 November 2020