Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Coronavirus resources – Fundraising top tips
Following our first Fundraising Forum, Judy Niner shared five top tips with AIM members on how to approach fundraising now. The key message is about positive and confident communication:
- Use the current situation to build relationships and communicate with funders – build long term commitment where you can as well as raising short term cash
- Now is the time to show and communicate confidence – tell people what you are doing and how you are managing the situation
- Be helpful, useful and generous – people will notice and be more ready to support in future. Prove your relevance and importance to your communities, and collect evidence
- Look after your volunteers, supporters and stakeholders
- Fundraising is not a magic money tree – time your appeal carefully.