Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Freelance Opportunity: Focus Group Facilitator, New Stories, New Audiences
AIM has been awarded initial funding from the National Heritage Lottery Fund to develop a new grant fund, New Stories, New Audiences.
The proposed new scheme would enable museums and heritage organisations to apply for a grant of circa £15k to tell neglected or lesser known stories that relate to their local area, their mission, groups, individuals or past and present that are not currently explored. Participants will develop new partnerships; consider how they engage people in caring for and interpreting heritage – both through volunteering opportunities and developing skills in co-curation work with new groups.
Focus Group Facilitator
AIM wishes to appoint a freelance Focus Group Facilitator for the development phase of the project. This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in developing a new fund which will invest in and support museums to widen and diversify their audiences.
We expect the Focus Group Facilitator to propose a consultation process that can be delivered within the restrictions of the current Coronavirus pandemic. This will include in depth consultation with at least 6 AIM member museums and could include an online focus group.
The Facilitator will devise, deliver and report on the consultation to ensure that the scheme is developed in such a way that it will successfully address their needs. This work will inform the submission of a Delivery Phase application to the National Heritage Lottery Fund.
We are looking for a facilitator who:
• Has good knowledge and understanding of the independent museums and heritage sector
• Is experienced at coordinating consultation work, including the facilitation of workshops and focus groups
• Has a good knowledge and understanding of current issues around understanding audiences, community engagement and diversity and inclusion in the heritage sector.
• Is approachable, flexible, organised, and communicates clearly and regularly with the AIM team.
There is a total fee of £3500 plus VAT (if applicable) available to cover preparation, delivery and reporting on the consultation work.
AIM will be able to assist in recruiting and inviting participants
The contractor will report to AIM Programmes Manager
The final report must be delivered to AIM by the end of July 2020
How to apply
• a cv (no more than 3 pages) and brief covering letter (no more than 3 pages) highlighting why you are interested in this role.
• A proposed methodology and timetable for the work
Proposals should be sent to AIM Programmes Manager, Margaret Harrison Margaret@aim-museums.co.uk
5pm on Friday 15th May. Interviews will be held by Zoom the week beginning 25th May.
Supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund.