Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Sign up to CFG for free
All AIM members get free membership to the Charity Finance Group.
Charity Finance Group helps their members understand what’s happening in the world of charity finance, so you can better support your organisation and its experience for your visitors and supporters.
CFG do this by bringing together a unique network of charity finance professionals, supporting them with a range of opportunities to grow knowledge, build skills and meet others in the sector. Whether your organisation is run on a shoestring supported by a team of volunteers, or a big name in the sector, understanding the role of finance and its impact is as vital as ever, from your front of house staff to your trustee board.
Membership of CFG gives AIM members access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Connection to a unique member community so you can grow your peer network
- Member-only discounts on events and training, including a new online programme
- Free members’ meetings and special interest groups – including the dedicated Special Interest Group for AIM members focused on finance and governance issues key to independent museums
- Free expert advice through the CFG helplines including accounting and tax; managing financial difficulties; legal HR and employment advice; pensions and property
- Saving money on recruitment through advertising with the jobs board
- Online resources and document library
- Subscribe to the monthly magazine Finance Focus and annual handbook The Pink Book
- CFG membership is free to AIM members through our partnership, and open to everybody in your organisation.
“We’re passionate about our partnership with AIM and working with our members in the arts and heritage sector to drive your sustainability now and in the future.” Caron Bradshaw, Chief Executive, Charity Finance Group.
We look forward to welcoming you in our community!
What existing AIM members say about CFG:
“The Florence Nightingale Museum are grateful for the support and guidance of Charity Finance Group, which is an additional benefit of being a member of the Association of Independent Museums. For a small organisation it is encouraging to have the reassurance their webinars and seminars can offer.” David Green, Florence Nightingale Museum.
“As a small independent museum, an AIM membership is essential for their networks, advice and training available. However, like many similar heritage organisations, our skills can be lacking in the financial element of museum management. Access to the CFG resources, through our AIM membership, has been invaluable in the past year. We have used countless resources to aid our understanding and improve our practice. What has been really pleasantly surprising is the scalability of the guidance and advice, which makes it much easier to understand and implement as a small charity. Often, we find guidance can be very “high level”, or too bureaucratic for our small team to implement, so it has been a relief to find guidance which is obviously relevant and scalable.” Charlotte Morgan, Museum Manager, Cynon Valley Museum.
As a small charity we lack expertise in many areas, AIM and CFG help fill this gap. Peter John Banbury, Trustee, Whitstable Museum & Gallery.