London Transport Museum
Weald and Downland Living Museum
Derby Museums Trust
AIM administers grants for museums to help AIM members with a variety of needs including training, conservation, development and exhibitions. There are different eligibility criteria and closing dates for each grant scheme, so please check each grant programme for further information about how to apply and the priorities for funding for each scheme. You can view all current AIM grants by clicking on the links on the right hand side of this page.
Applications are assessed by committees made up of members of AIM Council and other museum professionals. The committees score applications against the criteria for each scheme so please make sure you address these in your application. The committee are usually considering many applications at each meeting so please keep your applications as succinct as possible.
Discuss your ideas with us
We recommend that you contact us to discuss your project before applying, so we can help you ensure your application fits the scheme you intend to apply to.
Please contact Helen Wilkinson, Assistant Director for Hallmarks Awards – Helenw@aim-museums.co.uk
For all other Grant Schemes contact Justeen Stone, Grants & Finance Officer – email@example.com
Key information about Grant Schemes
All grant schemes require membership of AIM, which is open to all types of museum and heritage organisation.
To join AIM, please visit: https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/join-aim/
AIM Grant Deadlines 2017
If you are unsure which AIM grants you can apply for, please email Justeen Stone at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainability Scheme – 15 January
- Conservation Scheme – 31 March and 30 September
- Collection Care Audit Scheme For Smaller Museums – 31 March and 30 September
- Preventive Conservation Scheme – 31 March and 30 September
- AIM Training Grants – accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for Training Grants for AIM conference is 17 April
- AIM Hallmarks Awards – 15 May
- AIM Biffa Award History Makers – October 31