Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
December 2019 Trustee Vacancies
Can you support an AIM member museum by becoming a Trustee? If so, the following museums would love to hear from you.
Weald & Downland Living Museum
Singleton, Chichester, West Sussex
Seeking candidates with a genuine passion for the museum and expertise in at least one of the below areas, but will also consider applicants who can bring a different perspective to the Trustee body:
• Commercial, business, financial
• State education sector
• Historic buildings, conservation
• Academic (Further of Higher Education or research)
• Marketing, communications
• A network of contacts which could be helpful to the Museum would also be valuable.
• to ensure compliance with governing document, organisation law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations and that the museum pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document and applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives, i.e. the museum must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
• to contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• to ensure the financial stability of the museum
• to protect and manage the property of the museum and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation’s funds
• to attend meetings having reviewed relevant papers and any necessary sub-committee meetings
• to keep informed about the activities of the museum and wider issues which affect its work.
The Board meets six times per year including the AGM and Away Day. Meetings are held during the day.
12 noon Friday, 24 January 2020
Alfred Gillett Trust
Looking to recruit trustees with expertise in finance, especially museum related; capital development projects or fundraising to offer keen oversight and support for a new museum project. Strong Somerset social and historical knowledge and networks would also be beneficial.
Four Board meetings per year (plus sub-committees if a member) at four hours per meeting. Meetings are normally held on a Saturday, during the day.
For an initial informal discussion and recruitment pack contact Sam Bradley Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org 01458 444060 or Tim Crumplin email@example.com 01458 444060