Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Culture Recovery Fund
This page was last reviewed 2 October.
Welsh Government’s Cultural Recovery Fund
The Welsh Government’s Cultural Recovery Fund for independent museums, archives and libraries has now closed for applications.
For museums in Scotland
Independent museums run by a not for profit organisation
Museums Galleries Scotland have announced the £4 million Museum Recovery and Resilience Fund, which aims to secure the future of Scottish independent museums put at risk by the Coronavirus pandemic and to protect the vital role that they play in their communities.
MGS expects most awards to be upward of £10,000. Some smaller organisations may find that their needs are not at this level and therefore requests for smaller amounts can be considered.
The fund is open now and MGS will accept applications on a rolling basis until the fund closes at 5pm on Friday 30 October.
For museums in England
Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage
Please note, the Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage administered by National Lottery Heritage Fund has now closed for applications.
National Lottery Project Grants
National Lottery Project Grants reopened recently and are aimed at those who need funding for an arts, museums or libraries project that shows public benefit. ACE have updated the guidance removing the need for applicants to source match-funding; giving individuals time and space to think and plan with their funding; and making more museums and libraries projects eligible for funding. They are also open to applications from freelancers.
Capital Funding delivered through Historic England, the Arts Council and the National Heritage Memorial Fund
£55m to restart heritage construction projects and help maintain visitor attractions in England:
- This grant scheme of up to £34 million is aimed at organisations that have significant groupings of nationally important historic sites. Each grant is likely to cover a number of individual repair and conservation projects, spread across the country
- Grants will range between £1m and £10m in size
- A further £16m is added to existing Historic England capital grant schemes.
Applications open from 14 August with funding expected to be paid in early October.
Arts Council England
- ACE will deliver £55m of capital funding a Capital Kickstart Fund. This will be allocated to existing ACE capital grant holders who can demonstrate their projects have been delayed or are facing increased costs due to Covid-19
- The portal for existing grant holders to apply for additional funding opens on 24 August.
National Heritage Memorial Fund
- The Heritage Capital Kickstart Fund from the National Heritage Memorial Fund will support existing National Lottery Heritage Fund grant holders with capital projects, who have been negatively impacted by Covid-19
- It will support up to 30 heritage projects that have been paused, delayed or are at risk due to Covid-19
- The funding will be awarded through closed competition to ensure the funding goes quickly to the projects most in need.
Getting help with your application
If your organisation does not have specialist fundraising expertise or you have never made an application to NLHF or ACE then we can help. View the slides from our online workshops with two of AIM’s experienced consultants, Marilyn Scott and Heather Lomas.
Not an AIM member? Find out how you can benefit from expert webinars like these along with a host of other member exclusives on our Join AIM page.
AIM Coronavirus resources
All AIM Coronavirus resources can be found here.