Become part of a thriving network of independent museums, arts & heritage centres and historical interpretation projects. Membership is open to all museums, galleries and heritage attractions, including those managed by local authorities.
As a member of AIM you can:
- Apply for support from the AIM Sustainability Grant Scheme, Preventive Conservation Grant Scheme, Conservation Grant Scheme & AIM Training Grant (to apply for an AIM grant, you must be a registered charity).
- Join Visitor Verdict and access the free Visitor Survey Service.
- Join the AIM Energy Action Group and explore how to save money on fuel bills.
- Be part of a thriving network of museums, historic houses and interpretation centres across the UK.
- Learn about new developments and network with colleagues at our popular national conference and trade show.
- Access our training grants scheme which provides bursaries for attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Keep up to date with museum and heritage news through the bi-monthly AIM Bulletin and e-news mailings.
- Access practical information on museum operation from our Success Guides.
- If you are a supplier or freelance consultant, please download our special 'Membership Suppliers' form for further information at the bottom of this page or email: email@example.com
How to join
AIM welcomes new members who support its aims.
Annual Subscription rates vary with museum size, or
role of non-museum members:
- Small Museum (up to 20,000 visitors’ p.a.) and additional sites of multi-site organisations: £49
- Medium Museum (20,000 to 50,000 visitors p.a.): £75
- Large Museum (50,000 to 100,000 visitors p.a.): £110
- Largest museums (over 100k visitors): £250
- Individual / MDO / freelance / support organisations (1 or no paid staff): £51
- Non-profit Support Organisations / Libraries / Archives (2+ paid staff): £95
- Suppliers and Company Consultants: £110
- Associate Supplier: £260
For AIM Membership enquiries please contact:
3 Chestnut Grove